Welcome to this my blog - a record of my life with books and pictures



Friday, November 5, 2010

Brrrrr.... postal bounty in the garden

The Persephone Biannually is much nicer than the bills that usually come through the letter box, and since it comes but twice a year, I like to read it slowly. I started mine today in the garden, wrapped up warm with a cup of a coffee. Recent acquisitions which I can’t wait to get into are Virginia Nicholson’s Singled Out (regular readers may recall how head over heels I was about her book Among the Bohemians back in April), and the intriguing Romantic Moderns by Alexandra Harris.

10 comments:

  1. Both books are on my list, too! (And I wish the Persephones were more available here...I know we can order them but it's not the same as making an impulse buy (or 2 , or 3, or 10!) in a nice bookstore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love getting the Persephone catalog in the mail. It's always so nice to sit and browse through it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was such a treat when mine arrived last week! Singled Out is wonderful, I know you will love it. I'm really interested by the Romantic Moderns book - I doubt the New York Public Library will have it but I'll have a look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to read Singled Out - I am off to the library tomorrow so will see if they have it in. I love your tray!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The photograph is wonderful. i am inundated with 'books to be read' at the moment, but must look out the Virginia Nicholson as I loved 'Among the Bohemians.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photograph! It reminds me of sunny Saturday mornings with nothing to do. And I LOVE the tray :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh lovely books! Romantic moderns has intrigued me too so i'll be interested to hear how you get along with it. Persephone biannually never fails to cheer me, too. I loved this most recent one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice. Love the Persephone catalog and can't wait for the Persephone Secret Santa.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard so much about that catalogue! its almost like a book being touted about!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous photo - intrigued by Romantic Moderns - look forward to a review!

    ReplyDelete