Welcome to this my blog - a record of my life with books and pictures



Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Why you cannot beat a cream tea and a bunch of bloggers

This post is a quick and inadequate eulogy to a wonderful afternoon spent with the authors of some of my favourite blogs; Simon, Claire, Hayley, Miranda, Donna and Polly. Blogger of honour was of course the inimitable Thomas, owner, author and decorator of My Porch. We all met up at the one and only Persephone Book Shop in Lambs Conduit Street and then repaired to the British Museum for afternoon tea. I am so looking forward to the book that Thomas gave me – The Professor’s House by Willa Cather – which I *think* is my first foray into American literature since childhood. Stateside, here I come....

7 comments:

  1. Ooh, I think you will love the Willa Cather - what an inspired choice! Glad you had fun and wish I had been there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such a wonderful thing to get a chance to hang out with other bloggers and I am so glad that you had such a nice time. Those little cakes look incredible as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting coincidence. A book group I belong to has just selected _The Professor's House_ for a reading in a couple of months. I've read a few others by her but not this one--yet.

    My favorite by her is _Death Comes for the Archbishop_.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you had a good time. The tea looks delicious! I read The Professor's House a few months ago and was quite impressed. It was my first Willa Cather book and I'm looking forward to reading more of her work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful present, you'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your new Cather. I am a huge Death Comes for the Archbishop fan, and more Cather is in my future.

    ReplyDelete